Monday, July 9, 2012

-Marie Antoinette-

Hi. I prepared a speech too. ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I played Sims 1 briefly, but hated it. :P I was also like 11 when it came out, so I couldn't have been that into it anyway. But when Sims 2 came out, I thought I would give it a try, and LOVED it so much! ♥ I have since lost all of my game discs, and am not going to buy new ones, but I would love to play it again. I played without CC for as long as it was out. O.o Dear Lawd, I don't know how I did it lol. I think the Sims 3 could be so much better if it weren't for the bugs and glitches. When the Sims franchise changed hands from Maxis, to EA, I think it all went tits up. It is not that hard to fix something glitchy, or buggy, if you know how to do it. I'm sure there are so many Americans out there that would love a job with a computer company, but can't because the current seats are filled up with the fat-cat money makers. Back when the Sims was an "idea" or a "concept" and the producers wanted to see their idea through, and watch it grow, things were great. Nowadays, EA does whatever they think would earn them money. Now, don't get me wrong, capitalism is not bad. But it is only acceptable when you make money off things people want to buy. Selling crap to thousands and thousands of people make you pretty damn wealthy, but it will leave the person who actually bought the game feeling like a sad sap, because he got ripped off. Yet, he continues to buy into the madness, no matter how much he tells himself not to, because he enjoys, like we all should.

So with all the buzz about Sims 4, sure let them go ahead and start making their game. Let them make their money. Let them sit on their fat arses, happily plumped up with our hard earned money. But let them not take the one thing the community might still have: character. The people and members of the community are (mostly) among the nicest I've ever met. Hell, they sure do beat real life people lol. But they cannot EVER take that away from us. And whenever things start to get all messed up, just remember, we make the community. Not them.

1 comment:

  1. There is a video that just captures what EA is doing lately... I think it's really well done:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

    ReplyDelete