Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sims 3 International Creative Assembly

Hello all. My name is Marie Antoinette, but you can just call me Marie. I have called this meeting together to discuss the state of the Sims 3 Community. As some of you know, the community has been in somewhat of a decline. Our little community has grown tremendously in the mast four years, but, in my opinion, not for the better. We have so many things to discuss as we head into the summer, so by the release of Supernatural we will have a renewed strength for the community.

Now for the details: This open discussion is available for use from anyone. This means that no matter who you are, you will be able to share your ideas with the Sims 3 Community. We would like to know what you think, as your opinion is valuable. If you would like to make a "speech" for all to hear, email it to me in an email. (I will post it at the bottom of this.) I will then share it on this blog. I will fully credit you. Then, anyone willing to comment or debate your idea can do so in the comments section.If you would like to officially join, please let me know in any way, so then I can add your name to the list of creators/members in this community. 

At this blog, there are no rules. I believe that anyone should have the opportunity to speak their mind freely, without the fear of rebuke. I do however must warn you. If someone criticizes you for something you've said, please don't feel offended if they do so politely. This is a constructive debate and meeting, and I hope all of you will choose to act wisely during this time. I have a feeling this will be a great event for the community. If you feel like you would like to participate, feel free to email me at:

dauphineofversailles@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Interesting so will this kind of be like forum-ish kind of setup??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will. I actually had the French National Assembly from the 1788 in mind. ;)

      But yes, forum would be a better description.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I could be useful, but is an excellent idea.
    (All I want right now is to cut some heads lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good setup- I myself think there's been good to go along with the bad, but then again, I've been playing Sims since the first one. I remember when it was hard to get downloads in the Sims 2 era because hosts everywhere were clamping down on bandwidth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is useful! All you have to do is contribute some ideas.. It's nothing that major. I want everyone to have a voice, so maybe we can get out of these dog days.

    I agree with what you said Tanyuu. Although we may not have the bandwidth issue as much now, I thought Sims 2 was the best "era" if you will. Pretty much everyone loved the EP's, and the community itself was so productive and encouraging. We don't have that anymore. People are fed up with EA, they are fed up with TSR to be honest. With all of the hackings and stealing, it really is tyranny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear :) interesting you set this up. I do think this a good idea. But i'm not sure if it will get the attention you desire.

    On a off topic note: You know if you ever want to there is a social network called second life where you make your own avatar and they have a Versailles section on there with 18th century role playing. I thought you might like to know :) I tried it myself and liked the atmosphere but didn't like the idea of having to pay for most of the content (while its amazing) its not worth paying for a house and clothing and hair. You can get some free clothing and accessories though which are nice :)

    Also don't know if you ever used my Versailles windows or vaulted ceiling set but i have updated version on my blog now :) Also as a little secrete between you and me im working Louis XVI arm chair like Marie Antoinette had in her petit Chateau :) its very authentic (but the polly is scary) I'll also have a Le Petit Trianon wall set up soon with 39 recolor-able walls each with 3 channels, all i have to do is take pictures and they will be up.

    Yours Truly Louis ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with that. :P Im hoping it will though.

      And wow! I can't hardly wait. :D I tried second-life, but I am not partial to it, mainly because I don't know how to control it.. lol. And I actually used everything on your blog haha! :D I went on a downloading spree, so I could decorate a couple of palaces. ;) I might upload some pictures soon. I actually do have one thing to tell you about the vaulted ceilings. While of course they are the most amazing a realistic thing EVER, they might be a tad shiny. I think that may be a specular issue, but I am actually not quite sure.

      Well anyways, thank you for the comment, and hopefully you will be able to participate! :D

      Marie

      Delete
    2. Thats the old version of my ceilings dear :) i just uploaded a new version to my blog the other day and they are no longer shiny :) my specular is black on them which prevents any shininess so you probably have the older version in your game :) The new version also has some new features like height shifting.

      Have a great week!

      Sincerely Louis

      Delete
  6. Hi, really good idea to make a platform for simlish discussions ;)
    I sent you an email with my contribution!
    :)

    ReplyDelete